18 March 2021
24 HOUR SPRINT #1
Complete the brief and you could be doing an internship with us next week!
Independent Shoe Shop
We are launching our first '24 hour sprint brief' and looking for students to put their best foot forward! You have 24 hours to submit a design for the brief below. We will then be offering a two week (flexible hours) virtual internship for the best entry, starting from Monday 22nd March.
The brief: A small family ran business based within Cheltenham, specialising in children’s leather shoes, are looking to update their identity. With the current pandemic and national restrictions, their business is suffering from reduced sales, due to their store being closed, so they want to have a strong identity ready for re-opening. They feel like this is a good time to develop our branding, get up to date with modern marketing techniques and invest in a solution that will promote/sell our products whilst helping the business grow.
• Company name – Arnold’s Shoes
• Store location – Cheltenham
• Family run business for 70 years – 3rd Generation from 2020
• Target audience – Parents (aged 20 to 40)
• Products – Children's shoes and accessories (ages 0 to 12)
• Colours - They currently use green and cream
Bonus brief: If you really want to push yourself, then feel free to also complete our 'bonus brief'. In addition to the identity update above, Arnold's need to prepare a strong campaign and message that promotes our developed brand and offering, for when they re-open.
• The campaign will be called “Footsteps”
• Children outgrow shoes quickly, therefore we would like parents to bring in an old pair of Arnold’s shoes for a discounted replacement
• The old pair of shoes will be restored and donated to less fortunate families in need of children’s shoe
Deadline: Friday 19th March @ 12pm
Please submit a maximum 5 page pdf with your design entry to [email protected]